You may be headed for the wedding aisle or the grocery aisle, either way, good posture is a must! Here is how we practice… Back to old school!
Get your good posture on by balancing a book on top of your head. Walk a long hallway several times, with turns. Keep your eyes looking straight ahead! And always hug your belly button toward your spine for more support.
- Walk up and down your staircase several times with the book still on top of your head.
- Practice pulling out a chair from your table, sitting down, standing back up and pushing your chair back into the table.
- Once you have mastered these exercises, try adding 1 or 2 more books to your stack. You can hold dumbells at your side for a little more core work. I am all about getting as much bang for your buck in as little time possible!
- Have an entire meal with a book or two on top of your head. Remember, NO elbows on the table. Keep your napkin on your lap. Bring your fork all the way up to your mouth. Never your face to the plate. (This is disgusting!) And, while we are at the table; NEVER, NEVER, EVER, talk with a mouth full of food!
- Weight lifting and flexibility training are an absolute necessity! Targeted core strengthening exercises are a must! Please read or reread my articles: “A strong back is a healthy back” and “The power of pushups.”
By practicing good posture and table manners, you will automatically look and feel more confident! So stand up straight, keep your head level, and make eye contact. By doing this you will make a positive impression on others and instantly feel more alert and empowered. Start walking tall, walk proud, and have a great day! Love, Allison