I’ll be honest, Thanksgiving isn’t my favorite holiday. A holiday that often celebrates gluttony just kind of grosses me out. I love turkey and rolls and a few other Thanksgiving staples…but being a pretty picky eater, I don’t enjoy most of the food. Also, the fact I usually have to go to three places on Thanksgiving just makes my stomach hurt thinking about it. But enough complaining! The thing I do love about Thanksgiving is that it reminds us to give thanks for all the wonderful blessings in our lives.
Here is my list of things I am grateful for. Please share yours with us too!
1. My friends. I don’t know where I would be without great and different types of friends. I love having best girlfriends to chat with, get nails done with, etc. I also love having best guy friends to goof around with. Also, having a great boyfriend who I consider one of my best friends.
2. My family. Family can often get on your nerves, but they are the people that will always be there for you.
3. My dog! I love animals especially my dog. My rat recently passed away but I still have my beloved doggie and hope to get another one in the next few years. Hannah constantly makes me laugh with her antics!
4. Being young and healthy. I try to live my life to the fullest and have fun! I’m so happy to be young right now without too many worries and try to take good care of myself.
5. Being able to do what I love. I love writing and love that I am able to do work that I love and hope to continue to do freelance work and be successful with it.
This Thanksgiving, instead of counting your complaints, count your blessings! This year I am going to put on a happy face, eat some delicious turkey, and be thankful for the life I have. Don’t just stop being grateful on Thanksgiving, keep your practice of thinking of your blessings every day. It is sure to bring happiness into your life.
To read more from Lauren, check out her blog, Lauren’s Thoughts.
You may also enjoy these Thanksgiving articles: