- Raw poultry,Â meat and fish:Â Eat or freeze within 48 hours;
- leftovers in the fridge: 3-4 days, but if it has gravy then only 1-2 days;
- Lunch Meat if opened 5 days; unopened 2 weeks
- Hard cheeses if opened 3-4 weeks; unopened up to 6 months;
- Soft Cheese: 1 week and Condiments: up to 6 months.
- Vegetables and fruits you can visually see whether moldy, darkened color or change of smell.
- Ice Cream: 2-4 months depending on whether there are preservatives added in the ingredient list; Cooked Meats: 3-4 months; Raw Poultry and Pork Uncooked: Up to 12 months; Raw Beef Uncooked: Ground 3-4 months; Steaks, Chops and Roasts: up to 12 months.
- Oils Opened: 1-3 months; Unopened: 6 months;
- Vanilla and other extracts: 12 months, unopened: 2 years;
- Spices and Herbs:Â 6 months, whole spices that are unground can last up to 2 years;
- Baking Powder: 3 months, Baking Soda, Sugar, Bouillon, Pasta and Rice: 12 months;
- Canned soups, stews and meats, fish: 2-5 years or honor the date stamped on the bottom of the can.
Don’t keep any meats or fish items on the freezer door compartment, rather keep them inside the freezer itself because it cannot maintain adequate freezer temperatures for food safety- being opened and closed all the time.
Remember!Â WHEN IN DOUBT, THROW IT OUT!
You may also like:
Â© Copyright 2011 Â Allison Stuart Kaplan Â www.Askinyourface.com LLC