According to a recent article from Health Magazine/March 2011 issue; this is great advice for slimming for an important event when you are very short on time! Its good solid advice and and by modifying it afterwards with some more healthy carbs like whole grains, nuts/seeds and fruit; healthy fat daily, this little plan is not too hard to accomplish for your weight loss emergency:
- Build meals by having plain grilled chicken, fish or seafood prepared with a little olive oil.Â Along with that you can have any fresh or steamed veggie except for corn or potatoes;
- Fill up during the day on cucumbers that reduce water retention as well as celery (organic please), artichokes, asparagus and watercress (all natural diuretics);
- Drink only plain water with fresh lemon squeezed in. Green or herbal tea is OK, but no coffee or sodas;
- Don’t eat any processed foods, chewing gum or diet soda pop/alcohol drinks, because they will bloat you;
- No breads or crackers during just this “48 hr.” time;
- Don’t eat beans or cereals with a lot of bran just during your 48 hr. fix, otherwise go ahead and eat them for longer term weight loss goals and health. This is because of bloating too.
Be sensible in longer term “dieting” plans by adopting a regimen that is more like a lifestyle change with reduced calorie count (but no less than 1200/calories daily). Any kind of severe reductions of food groups or restricted calorie intake more than stated above, is not healthy and you will just gain the weight back again that you worked so hard to lose.
You may also like:
Â© Copyright 2011 Â Allison Stuart Kaplan Â www.Askinyourface.com LLC