Pit Bulls are probably the most misunderstood dog breed on the planet. They are called the “mean breed” and people are scared of them. But did you know they are also the most abused dog breed? The only reason that pit bulls have such a bad reputation and are known to attack other animals and humans are the way they are raised. Irresponsible owners train these dogs to be menacing and even participate in awful dog fighting.
If you’re not sure what dog fighting even is, here is some information from PETA on what happens at dog fights:
The “pit” where these bloody events take place usually consists of a dirt or carpeted floor measuring 8 to 16 square feet, surrounded by a wooden enclosure that is about 3 feet high. Dogs are taken to either end of the ring and released at the “face your dogs” command. Sticks are used to pry apart the dogs, who clamp down so fiercely that it is not uncommon for dogs to “fang” themselves (i.e., bite through their own lips). Dogs are encouraged to fight to the death, and the fight can go on for hours–until both dogs are exhausted and at least one is seriously injured or dead.
A federal prosecutor recalls a case in which one of 18 dogs found in a raid had 70 open wounds and was missing half a jaw, while another dog’s body was 75 percent covered in scar tissue. A Louisiana state police officer who conducts dogfighting investigations says, “When you go to where these fights have happened, you’ll find a couple of dog corpses or a pit full of blood.”
There is even a legislation called “Breed Specific Legislation” that helps to ban certain types of dogs, mainly pit bulls, in certain areas and cities. This helps to further the stigma of pit bulls and prevents people who want to give the breed a chance to actually own one and train them properly.
We can stop the abuse and neglect of pit bulls and all animals by getting the facts and doing something about it. If you are suspicious of abuse, neglect, or dog fighting near you, please called the authorities. Pit bulls can be loving and amazing pets if you treat them with the care and respect they deserve.
Another problem is how people take dog fighting and pit bull abuse so lightly. There are games out there that feature dog fighting, making it look like a fun sport instead of the cruel and dangerous event that it is.Â
Call to Action: We encourage people to continue their efforts to convince Google to drop this game’s add-on pack called “Dog Bucks” from the Android Market.Â Android is an open source operating system, which means Kage Games can still peddle their filth elsewhere, but taking this application off the Android Market will have financial consequences for Kage Games, the scum who look to profit from this evil.
- Flag this application as inappropriate here.Â The application’s name is “KG Dogfighting/ Dog Wars”, the 2 add-on applications are named “Dog Bucks”, and the developer is Kage Games LLC
- If you’re an Android device user, search “KG Dogfighting/ Dog Wars” and “Dog Bucks” in the Android Market application.Â Flag all 3 of them from your device as well.
- Email Google at email@example.com and ask they remove KG Dogfighting/ Dog Wars and both Dog Bucks packs from the Android Market.Â As they say, a picture speaks a thousand words, so feel free to attach a photo of a victim of dog fighting
- Sign the petition to Google and Android demanding KG Dogfighting/Â Dog Wars and related Dog Bucks apps be banned from the Market
- Email Kage Games at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask them how they sleep at night.Â Their application demonizes dogs, perpetuates breedist and racist stereotypes, and inspires future dog fighters.
Â© Copyright 2011 Â Allison Stuart Kaplan Â www.Askinyourface.com LLC
Here are some photos of abused pit bulls and then healthy, rescued pit bulls. If you don’t want to see any graphic photos, you may check out another article now. We hope these photos will inspire you to do what you can to protect this breed!