Today we are going to learn the Parivrtta AnjaneyasanaÂ (Revolving Crescent Lunge) pose (pose of the month courtesy of Bala Vinyasa Yoga).
1) Lunge your right knee to 90 degrees keeping the left leg straight with heel lifted and foot supported on ball mound, or lower back knee to mat to modify.
2) Twist the torso and place the left elbow on the outside of the right knee. Â Press the palms together in prayer.
3) Engage the quadriceps of the back leg and lift the inner thigh.
4) Lift the lower abdominals up and into the twist while rolling your shoulders back and down.
- Strengthens and stretches the legs, shoulders, chest and lungs
- Stimulates abdominal organs
- Increases stamina
- Improves digestion and aids elimination
- Improves balance
Â© 2011 Copyright Â Allison Stuart Kaplan Â www.Askinyourface.com LLC