It’s hard to believe we are knee deep in November 2010. The holiday season is rushing in with Thanksgiving around the corner and Christmas bringing up the year’s rear. Shopping for gifts and holiday decorum, cooking, family get togethers bundled with lots of drama, excess food and drink, parties galore, abundant feasts followed by a little extra love around the middle, cabin fever, colds and flu, pandemic paranoia about g-d knows what, hours in the movie theatre, Dancing with the Stars, nestled with books, warm weather get-a-ways, crowed airports, dis-ease, seasonal affective disorder, added visits to the shrink, indoor exercise, itchy sweaters, dry skin, hybernating under cover, bedtime at 5, shoveling snow, filthy garage floors, chatter about New Year Resolutions and pining for spring…..these are just a few of my most tolerated things! Bottom line? This is our life for 5 months of the year. It’s all good! And making the best of it tops my list!
Here is the rest of my list:
1. Making the best of whatever is in front of you. A good attitude goes a long way!
2. Sleep 7-9 hours, no more, no less
3. Drink water and consume plenty of watery fruits and veggies to stay sufficiently hydrated and healthy (This will keep your skin glowing)!
4. Include lean protein with every meal and drink lots of healthy fluids to stabilize blood sugar and help control cravings.
5. Decide and schedule your exercise or movement for the next day. If inclement weather gets in the way have a BACK-UP plan. Â Exercise moderately for 45-60 minutes 5-6 days a week. Make sure lifting weights and flexibility exercises are part of your plan 3 days of the week.
6. S-T-R-E-T-C-H Â for a minimum of 5 minutes first thing EVERY morning and take 5 -10 deep slow breaths through your nose. Starting your day without rushing works miracles – making this part of your bedtime routine also prepares your body and mind for a restful sleep.
7. Set a positive intention for your day!
8. Get outside everyday no matter what! Soak up the sunshine and Vitamin D – take a Vitamin D3 supplement
9. Do not watch the news before bed; watch anything else but the news!
10. Plan a fun activity with a friend once a week. Meet friends for coffee or tea often. Be social even if it hurts!
11. Make a list of books you want to read, movies to see, plan simple indoor home improvement, organization or crafty projects, commit to a class of any kind and learn something new to energize yourself mentally and physically
12. Schedule massages, facials, pedicures, candle-light bath, whatever you enjoy frequently throughout the winter months. Quiet “me” time everyday is imperative for your well-being! Â (Plan an at-home spa day) This is serious fun!
Â© 2011 Copyright Â Allison Stuart Kaplan Â www.Askinyourface.com LLC