Your stairs are staring you down for a fast and furious morning wake-up workout. This will only take 10 minutes. Make the time. We are talking about 10 minutes!
Here’s what you need to do:
- Get out of bed. Leave your sleeping attire on. Put your shoes on and head for the stairs.
- Walk up and down a full flight of stairs 3 times. Nice and easy pace.
- Pick up the pace for 3 more flights.
- Jog 3 flights starting with your right foot.
- Jog 3 more flights starting with your left foot. You’re halfway there!
- Walk backwards up and down for 2 flights. Hold your belly tight. Start with your right foot for the first flight and then change to your left foot for the second. Pay Attention to your footing!
- Repeat the backwards walk another 2 flights. Pick up your pace!
- Face the stairs and run for 3 flights.
- Walk 2 more flights. Slow your pace down as you go.
- Walk around your home for 1-2 minutes to complete your cool-down.
Use the bottom step to stretch out your legs and back. A few Yoga Sun Salutations is also a nice way to stretch out your body before and after your “Stair Crazy” workout. Hold each stretch for a minimum of 30 seconds or 5 long nostril breaths.
You are done! You are wide awake! Your metabolism has been well charged for the day. Drink a glass of water! Have a healthy breakfast and joyfully be on your way! It’s going to be a great day!