Climb the stairs. Not the walls.
Don’tÂ let four walls keep you from getting your daily dose of exercise. Get your shoes on, turn up the tunes and head for the stairs! (bring the kids along). We have the perfect high energy 30 minute workout for you! The best part is; you can sweat your butt off in your pajamas!
First thing in the morning, if possible. Motivation and energy is strongest for most women in the early hours of the day.
In Your Face! Want the greatest burn for your effort? Use dumbbells!
Begin with a quick set of PUSHUPS – on your toes, knees or against a wall. 10 slow then 10 quick! BONUS: Core Strengthener – Hold a plank (high pushup) for 30 seconds then lower to your forearms (stay on your toes) for 30 seconds! How about 2 more rounds? You go girl!
Now The Workout:
- Start at the bottom of your stairs. If you have a lower level, start there. More stairs = more effort = more energy used and calories burned!
- Walk up and down the bottom step for a minute on each side. Alternate a step knee up and hamstring curl while pushing and pulling your arms for 3 minutes. Now you are hot and ready to work!
- Ladder Walks Hold your weights at your side. Stand tall with your belly held in tight. You will walk the stairs (the entire staircase) 5 times leading with the right foot and 5 more times leading with the left foot. Your pace will become progressively faster and more energetic with each flight taken. Got it! Do it!
- Step Knee Ups and Step Hamstring Curls perform 20 of each using the bottom step. For greater intensity skip a step.
- Ladder Runs (ladies, this is tough!) Try holding your weights at your shoulders for added core work. You will start with a slow jog and build up to an “all out sprint.” Yes, 5 times right lead and 5 times left lead. Walk in place for one minute between sides. (active rest)
- Wide Step ups with hip lift or wide V step Do this 20 times right and 20 times left.
- Squat Curl and Press Squat deeply, power up strong (abs & butt tight) with a double biceps curl followed by an overhead press. Repeat this squat, curl and press 20 times.
- Do it all again! Repeat 3-7 one or two more times! S.t.r.e.t.c.h….you did it….you are awesome!